Thursday 9 September 2010

A toast.

Today I raise a glass to past friends.

To those separated from me by oceans, death, mere laziness or a multitude of silly squabbles long since forgotten.

To those who really knew me, and to those who only thought they did.

To those who have changed, those who have remained heartachingly constant, and those who are still on a journey where change seems inevitable.

I miss you all, regardless of the reasons for our separation, and I hope that one day life will bring us back full circle so that we might start our friendship again, or joyfully discover that we don’t have to.

And also to all those friends still in my life, whether long-serving or recent recruits – I appreciate you more than you can imagine, and certainly more than I’ll ever have the balls to tell you.

Here’s to all of you – you amazing, gorgeous, strange, colourful people. May life bring you happiness, wisdom, humour and weird, exciting surprises in equal measures.

Em x

PS – the glass in question is full of iced laté. I’m so fucking middle class it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment