Wednesday 18 August 2010

Heartfelt

Beautiful words for this gloomy-yet-beautiful day. This is how I feel about everyone - lovers and friends alike. I long for the same kind of passion in others and it nearly breaks my heart when I find it.

I told her, Don’t touch me that way. Don’t come at me with that sour-cream smile. Come at me as if I were worth your life—the life we make together. Take me like a turtle whose shell must be cracked, whose heart is ice, who needs your heat. Love me like a warrior, sweat up to your earlobes and all your hope between your teeth. Love me so I know I am at least as important as anything you have ever wanted.

I am the woman who has to love herself or die. If you are not as strong as I am, what will we make together? I am all muscle and wounded desire, and I need to know how strong we both can be.

Two or three things I know for sure, and one of them is how long it takes to learn to love yourself, how long it took me, how much love I need now.
– Dorothy Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment